You are viewing this website with an old browser please update to a newer version of Internet Explorer here.
APPLY FOR SERIES SEVEN
Applications for series seven are now closed. Best of luck to everyone who applied.
Rules of Entry:
- Applicants must be 16 years of age and over on 1 February 2015 and must be a resident of the UK (including the Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
- As an amateur baker your main source of income cannot come from commercial baking in a professional environment and you cannot have ever worked full-time as a baker or chef.
- You cannot have acquired any formal NVQ or other professional catering qualifications in the past 10 years.
- You cannot have ever worked full time as a baker, cook or chef.
- Your main source of income must not derive from commercial baking in a professional environment (restaurant, hotel, canteen, bakery, shops etc.). The term ‘baking’ refers to the preparation and oven cooking of flour based goods such as bread, cakes, pastries, pies, tarts, and biscuits. It does not refer to other food forms that can be oven cooked, or other methods of cooking.
- You must be able to commit to all the filming days required which are currently expected to be during March, April, May, June 2016.
- You must not be or be closely related to a member of the BBC or Love Productions staff or anyone connected with the Programme.
- You must notify us if you have been convicted of any crime (other than a Road Traffic Offence), whether the conviction is spent or unspent, or whether you are subject of pending criminal proceedings. Such information will not necessarily affect your application or participation in the Programme.
- You warrant that all information you supply to Love as part of this application in the Programme is accurate and you have been and will be at all times truthful and honest. If you are chosen to participate in the Programme, you agree to authorise Love Productions to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide them with any assistance or further information necessary to do this.
- Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with Love for you to appear on the Programme. Love Productions have no obligation to produce the Programme and even if the Programme is produced there will be no obligation on Love, the BBC or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit the Programme or include you or any filming in the Programme.
- When selecting applicants for the Programme we will, amongst other factors take into account: skill, enthusiasm, drive and love of baking. We are looking for lively characters who are comfortable being filmed. Initial selection will be based on the application forms and telephone interviews. In addition the Producers may (but may not) invite short listed applicants to attend an interview at their discretion. We will be looking for a mix of finalists to reflect the range in age, location, gender and diversity of amateur bakers in Britain.
- By submitting your application form, you agree, if you are selected to take part in the Programme, to sign a contributor consent form granting Love Productions (and its licensees and assigns including the BBC) all necessary rights and consents for the full period of copyright (and afterwards so far as possible in perpetuity) to copy, edit and/or use at their sole discretion the product of your contribution to the Programme for any purposes connected with the Programme, the promotion and advertising thereof and all other rights (including all allied and ancillary rights) in the Programme by any means and in any and all media now known or hereafter invented throughout the world in perpetuity.
- You agree to keep all information relating to the application process confidential and will not disclose or make any public statement regarding the same including without limitation on blogs or social networking platforms.
- Application forms will be retained by Love Productions and by submitting your application you agree that they may share the information with the BBC. Love Productions and the BBC will use your personal details only for the purposes of considering your application for this series and for potential future series, for administration and for related services should you be successful. Your personal information will not be passed to anyone else except where we are obliged to do so or unless otherwise authorised by you. The information will be kept securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable legislation.
- Love’s decision regarding selection for the Programmes is entirely at its discretion and cannot be appealed. Love reserves the right at any time and for any reason to change its selection and/or to choose a replacement applicant to participate in the Programme.
- The deadline for applications is MIDNIGHT on Sunday 10th January 2016. If you have not heard from a member of the team by phone or email by 26th February 2016, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful this time around.