A heap of hemp and a parading of his peachy buns were not enough to save Howard from the axe at the end of Sweet Dough Week. It was a tough decision for the judges, in the wake of a Technical Challenge that left Paul Hollywood thoroughly impressed by the justice done to his couronne recipe…
Quotes Of The Night:
Mary: Have you told them how long to bake it?
Paul: No, it’s entirely up to them.
Mary: You’re very cruel.
Paul: Oh yes.
The One With All The Crying (@MillyTheHunt)
The One With Sweet Howard’s ‘Doh!’ (Dough) (@HannahPayne78)
The One With All The Hemp (@ssotss)
Follow us on Twitter @BritishBakeOff to take part in the next challenge to give a Bake Off episode a title in the style of the sitcom ‘Friends’.
Signature Bake: Tea Loaf
Beca – Bara Brith
Christine – Oxford Nutty Fruit Loaf with apricots, sultanas and walnuts.
Frances – Chai Tea Loaf
Glenn – Devonshire Panettone
Howard – Date and Hemp Yorkshire Loaf
Kimberley – Chai Spiced Ginger and Date Tea Loaf
Ruby – Citrus Tea Loaf
Technical Bake – Paul Hollywood’s Apricot Couronne
Technical Challenge Winner: Ruby
The Showstoppers: European Buns
1. Cardamom Spiced Lemon Iced Buns
2. Chocolate & Rum Soaked Prune Brioche
1. Schneken buns with cherry and raisins
2. Skolebrød (School bread) with vanilla custard and home made raspberry jam
Frances – Noughts and Crosses
1. Hot cross brioche
2. Rhubarb & custard kolaches
1. Sticky caramel kanelbullen
2. Apricot and Almond brioches
1. Peachy buns
1. Double Chocolate and Hazelnut Brioche filled with Kumquat Marmalade
2. Almond, cardamom, Apricot and Chamomile Kanelsnurrer
2. Saffron and Currant St. Lucia buns (Lussekatter)