Who knew that baking in a tent, in the middle of a field would be this much fun!? What an amazing experience and one that I will never forget…
Filming the whole crazy Bake Off series was fun enough, getting to know the bakers and the crew, but then having the opportunity to relive the whole experience again (along with the rest of the nation) was even more special. It was one heck of a rollercoaster (oh yes, I just used that word) and I was glad to be on board for the ride. The response I then got from people watching the show completely floored me. Thank you to everyone for your amazing support and I hope I did you all proud. Diolch – Becaron x
Here’s my highs and lows…
– Hearing Paul say that he ‘annoyingly really liked’ my grapefruit cake!
– Nailing the petit fours and being told that my mini-macarons were perfect!
– Coming top in the technical with my gorgeous gaggle of Nuns!
– Singing on national TV, from a Diana Ross classic Disco hit to a bit of Mel & Becaron Operatics!
– Doing impressions of Paul when he wasn’t in the tent…he he he!!
– Mary saying that my macarons were exceptional.
– Having a shocker of a bread week in week 2 and crying over English Muffins.
– Being told that my floating islands looked more like bombs!
– Running out of time to finish my Puff Pastry selection and consequently missing out on being Star Baker!
– Being told that my ‘Cheese’ cake was simple and bland…ouch!
– Waving goodbye to Glenn and then Christine.
– Having to make so much custard!